Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gone By Michael Grant

I decided to do number 5 on my novel reflection (making my own way to share my book) by using a website called Tagxedo which is a way to make word clouds in different shapes and styles. The book Gone is a novel by Michael Grant which is about everyone 15 and over disappears "in the blink of an eye". The kids find out that all the adults disappear throughout the town on Perdido Beach, California. There is an energy barrier that blocks the kids from going to the "outside world" where the adults are, it being nicknamed the "FAYZ", which stands for Fallout Alley Youth Zone (Fallout Alley because there was an accident 15 years ago at Perdido Beach's nuclear plant with a meteorite crashing there, so Fallout Alley is it's nickname). Strangely, some of the individuals start having supernatural powers, making the book so much more suspenseful, exciting, and confusing all at once. I completely recommend this novel and I think that like Maximum Ride, Gone is an all-ages kind of book. This book is action-packed, full of suspense, and it's a kind of book that keeps you up thinking about it all night. My Tagxedo is filled with all the characters and setting. I kind of revolved the shape, font, and font colors around Perdido Beach:

No comments:

Post a Comment